Last updated: Apr 2005
Q33: What about smoking in Bulgaria?
A33: Restaurants, bars and cafes are required by low to provide non smoking areas. Usually this is set of 2-3 tables in some cases surrounded by tables for smokers :) Most of Bulgarians are hard smokers - you can meet persons with cigarette at road, bus station, parks, etc.
Q34: What is the average salary in big Bulgarian cities for year 2005
A34: The average salary in some of big Bulgarian cities for 2005:
- Sofia: 840 BGL (about 420 EUR)
- Plovdiv: 600 BGL (about 300 EUR)
- Varna: 600 BGL (about 300 EUR)
- Bourgas: 600 BGL (about 300 EUR)
- other: 500 BGL (about 250 EUR)
Source: Industry Watch
Q35: How many divorces there are yearly in Bulgaria?
|year ||number|| average duration of mariage in years|
|1960 || 7060 || 6.90 years |
|1970 || 9905 || 6.88 years |
|1980 || 13100|| 7.58 years |
|1990 || 11386 || 9.42 years |
|1995 || 10661 || 10.22 years |
|1996 || 10014 || 10.53 years |
|1997 || 9368 || 10.65 years |
|1998 || 10390 || 11.10 years |
|1999 || 9781 || 11.66 years |
|2000 || 10578 || 12.18 years |
|2001 || 10275 || 12.60 years |
|2002 || 10203 || 12.77 years |
|2003 || 12003 || 12.70 years |
|20040 || 14669 ||13.96 years |
Q36: What percentage of the population owns an automobile?
A36: The average number of cars by years per 1000 persons:
1995 - 196.1
1996 - 204.1
1997 - 208.3
1998 - 219.1
Regarding the research agency Vitosha Research the results for 2004 are:
The total number automobiles after 1998 extremely grow up.
Q37: How Bulgarian people are having fun?
A37: It is depending from age of the persons but in most cases in Bulgaria the fun is related with alkohol :) Yong people love to visit cafe and night clubs and discos (in violation of city government rules where it is forbidden persons under 16 to be in night clubs after 22:00). Middle-aged people love to bring together with friends (there are a lot of laugh, singing, drinking, conversations) in restaurants or in their homes. There are a lot of other funs (like other countries) depending of personal interest - public movies, watching or playing sport games (mostly football/soccer), mountain walking, coffee meetings, etc.
Q38: What do bulgarian people wear?
A38: There is no difference comparing Bulgaria with other European countries. Young people love T-Shirts and jeans, businessmen suites and shirts, etc.
Q39: What are the most popular Bulgarian baby names?
A39: The most popular Bulgarian names in last years are:
- female: Maria, Daniela, Ivanka, Valentina, Rositsa
- male: Georgi, Ivan, Nikolay, Dimitar, Krasimir
-fe male: Maria, Desislava, Milena, Daniela, Elena
- male: Georgi, Ivan, Nikolay, Dimitar, Nikolay
- female: Maria, Desislava, Silvia, Petya, Elena
- male: Georgi, Ivan, Nikolay, Dimitar, Aleksandar (Alexander)
- female: Maria, Victoria, Desislava, Gabriela, Gergana
- male: Georgi, Ivan, Dimitar, Nikolay, Aleksandar (Alexandar)
- female: Victoria, Maria, Aleksandra (Alexandra), Gabriela, Nikol
- male: Georgi, Aleksandur (Alexandar), Ivan, Martin, Dimitar
more info >> Meaning of Bulgarian names