Travel questions and travelers facts about Bulgaria|
As a traditional holiday destination Bulgaria has a variety of attractions to offer to its visitors including some of the most unspoilt countryside in Europe in contrast to other famous European destinations.
Pages with Questions - TRAVEL QUESTIONS: 
70. How long does it take to go from Sunny beach resort to Varna? I would like to know is it easy to get to Varna from Sunny beach?71. I will be traveling from Sofia to Athens and back, is there a train that will allow me to do this cheaply?72. Are there nudist beaches at Bulgarian seaside?73. How to travel by train from London (UK) to Sofia (Bulgaria)?74. How to travel by car from London (UK) to Sofia (Bulgaria)?75. How can we easily get form Bourgas airport to Balcik? How long does it take?76. What is the best way from Bucharest to Varna?77. What is the best way to travel from Bucharest to Bourgas or Sozopol? (We are traveling to Sozopol and do not have a car).78. What is the route by car from Sunny Beach to Veliko Tarnovo?79. What is the best way to travel from Bourgas to Djuni or Sozopol? (We are traveling to Djuni and do not have a car).
Pages with Questions - TRAVEL QUESTIONS: 
View all 104 questions from this topic >>
Ask your question >>
Q70: How long does it take to go from Sunny beach resort to Varna? I would like to know is it easy to get to Varna from Sunny beach?
A70: There is regular Bus line Sunny Beach - Varna and Bourgas - Sunny Beach - Varna. Also there are Route Taxi (small/mini buses for 8-16 persons) between Sunny beach and Varna. The road distance is 100km and this is around 1h and 30 min (there is small pause at Obzor station)
Q71: I will be traveling from Sofia to Athens and back, is there a train that will allow me to do this cheaply?
A71: Yes, there is train Sofia - Athens. Current Internation Trains are IC 55 and IC 75. Please follow link in more info for actual schedule.
more info >> http://bdz.creato.biz/en/ext_razp
Q72: Are there nudist beaches at Bulgarian seaside?
A72: There are quite a few nudist beaches at the Bulgarian seaside. Some of there:
- Irakli near town of Obzor
- Kara dere near town of Byala
- nude beach between Albena and Kranevo - after Gergana Hotel in Albena
- Golden Sands resort - after the yacht port in front of Glarus Hotel
- Kamchia - here lies the widest nudist beach on the Bulgarian Black sea coast. Famous nudist destination
- Bourgass - north of the town after the Burgas Hotel, direction Nessebur (New Town) near the saltpan of Bourgas.
- Sozopol - south of Harmanite beach and camp-sites - Kavatsite and Smokinya
- camp site Nestinarka (Burgas province)
- Pasha dere near Galata quarter (Varna)
more info >> see some nude pictures from Irakli beach
Q73: How to travel by train from London (UK) to Sofia (Bulgaria)?
A73: It`s not difficult to travel to Bulgaria by train. The journey from London to Bulgaria takes two nights, using Eurostar to Paris, the overnight sleeper from Paris to Vienna, and either a direct sleeping car Vienna-Sofia via Belgrade or the `TransBalkan` sleeping-car from Budapest to Sofia via Romania.
more info >> Train travel from London to Sofia
Last updated: Mar 2008
Q74: How to travel by car from London (UK) to Sofia (Bulgaria)?
A74: There are different options but option we give you is:
As time: 24h:52m including 18h:48m on motorways
As distance: 2383km (including 2076km on motorways and 46km on scenic roads)
The best route is:
Departure from London
1. Leave London; 2. At Lambeth, continue along: Westminster Bridge Road; 3. Pass Camberwell; 4. Take A2; 5. Take M2; 6. Pass Dover; 7. Take link by boat to France
Entry into France
8. Close to Calais, continue along: E15; 9. Continue along: A16 / E40 (Passing close to Dunkerque)
Entry in Belgium
10. Continue along: E40 / A18; 11. Close to Brugge, continue along: E40 / A10 (Passing close to Gent); 12. Close to Bruxelles, continue along: R0; 13. Continue along: E40 / A3; 14. Continue along: E314 / A2
Entry into Netherlands
15. Continue along: A76 / E314 (Pass by Knooppunt Kerensheide and Knooppunt Kunderberg)
Entry into Germany
16. Continue along: A4 (Passing close to Aachen/ Head towards: Keln / Pass by AK Kreuz Kerpen / Head towards: Frankfurt a.M.and Siegburg); 17. Close to Keln, continue along: A3 (Pass by AK Kreuz Bonn .... and by AK Kreuz Deggendorf)
Entry into Austria
18. Continue along: A8 (Pass by Knoten Wels ... and Knoten Voralpenkreuz - take the exit towards Slo, Graz, Kirchdorf); 19. Take A9 / E57 (Pass by Knoten Graz West)
Entry into Slovenia
20. Continue along: E57 / E59 / A1; 21. Turn right: E57 / E59 / H2; 22. TakeE57 / E59 / Hitra Cesta towards Zagreb, Ptuj, Dravograd, Ruse; 23. Pass Maribor; 24. Take E59 / 1; 25. Continue along: E59 / 9 towards Ljubljana, Ormoz, Ptuj; 26. Take E59
Entry into Croatia
27. Continue along: E59 / A2; 28. Continue along: E70 / A3 (Passing close to Zagreb); 29. Take E70; 30. Turn right
Entry into Serbia
31. Continue along: E70 / Route 4 towards Zagreb; 32. Take Route 1 Passing close to Beograd; 33. Close to Nis, turn left: E80; 34. Turn left: E80 / Route 1.12 / Route 18 (Passing close to Bela Palanka)
Entry into Bulgaria
35. Continue along: E80 / Route 8;
Arrive in Sofia
Q75: How can we easily get form Bourgas airport to Balcik? How long does it take?
A75: The fastest and easest is route (road) Bourgas - Varna - Balchik.
Option 1: bus Bourgas - Varna - Balchik (I am not sure there is direct connection Bourgas - Balchik and my be you must change buses in Varna)
- from airport get a taxi (or bus) to the Bourgas central bus & train station (around 8-9 km)
- from the station get a bus to Varna (around 130 km)
- from Varna get bus to Balchik (around 40km)
There are private bus shutles (white mini buses for 8-16 persons) that are faster than normal buses and have different station near Bourgas bus station - just ask for minibus Bourgas - Varna
Option 2: bus Sunny beach - Varna - Balchik
- from the airport get a taxi or bus to Sunny beach (it is around 25-30km)
- get a bus or mini bus (small private buses for 8-16 persons) to the city of Varna (around 100 km)
- get bus to Balchik (around 40km)
(Mini buses have different station near central bus station Varna - just ask for minibus Varna - Balchik)
Option 3: from Bourgas airport or from city of Bourgas or from Sunny beach use rent a car services
- this is the easiest way but is more expensive and not all of the rent a car companies have offices in both destination (Bourgas and Balchik or Sunny beach and Balchik) and there is no possibility to drop (return) the car in Balchik.
See link in more info for some Rent a car companies
more info >> Rent a car in Bulgaria
Q76: What is the best way from Bucharest to Varna?
A76: The easiest and fastest route is
1. Train Bucharest (Romania) - Rousse (Bulgaria)
2. Bus Rouse (Bulgaria) - Varna (Bulgaria)
Q77: What is the best way to travel from Bucharest to Bourgas or Sozopol? (We are traveling to Sozopol and do not have a car).
A77: What I suggest is:
1. Get a train from Bucharest to city of Rousse
2. From Rousse get a bus to Bourgas
3. From Bourgas get a bus to Sozopol
Q78: What is the route by car from Sunny Beach to Veliko Tarnovo?
A78: Your route Sunny beach - Veliko Turnovo is:
- get the road E87 / Route 9 to Aytos, Karnobat
- After 130km turn right to the town of Sliven
- After more 80km near the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa turn left and get E772 / Route 4 to the Veliko Turnovo
- Close to Gorna Oryakhovitsa turn left and get E772 / Route 4
- After 5 km you will arrive in Veliko Turnovo.
There are plenty of road signs and banners.
Q79: What is the best way to travel from Bourgas to Djuni or Sozopol? (We are traveling to Djuni and do not have a car).
A79: The easiest way is taxi but it is expensive. Other option is bus. There is regular Bus line to south sea villages (Tsarevo, Ahtopol, Primorsko, Kiten - sea this map) that pass to the Dyuni resort. The buses leave from Burgas central bus station (located near the Rail way station Burgas).
more info >> Dyuni resort